Each year Wisconsin Public Safety Communications (WIPSCOM), a cooperative of the Wisconsin Chapters of the Association of Public-Safety Officials Internationsl (APCO) and the National Emergency Number Association (NENA) accept nominations for a Telecommunicator of the year. The following criteria will be used to select the Telecommunicator of the Year:
- Demonstrates a positive attitude toward all aspects of the job.
- Demonstrates a willingness to participate as a team player.
- Demonstrates flexibility in task assignment and capabilities.
- Demonstrates professionalism and pride in personal appearance, quality of workplace appearance and other factors that merit enhanced respect and esteem of co-workers, supervisors and others.
- Actions which relect the highest traditions of public safety service.
- Innovative procedures suggested by the niminee, and implementation of these procedures, that enhance productivity, improve standards and demonstrate dedications to the field of public safety communications.
- Demonstrates his of her knowledge of the profession.
- Performance above and beyond the call of duty in a daily routine.
- Held in high esteem by colleagues.
- Demonstrates exceptional courage, foresight, alertness and skill in the performance of his or her profession.
- Acts of valuable communications services, special faithfulness and perseverance.
- Clarity and quality of voice communications via radio and telephone.
Co-workers, supervisors, police officers, community members, and others can nominate dispatchers for this award.
The deadline for nominations is March 31, 2020