Columbia County Sheriff's Office
Reason for Announcement:
911 Dispatcher/Communication Operator Columbia County Sheriff’s Office is recruiting to establish an eligibility list for future vacancies.
- Deferred Compensation
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Sick Leave
- Wisconsin Retirement Fund
- Ability to handle several tasks simultaneously
- Ability to perform essential functions of this position
- Ability to use all standard law enforcement equipment
- Able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Clear and concise speech
- Driver's license
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge and skills in operating computer systems
- No domestic abuse convictions
- No felony convictions
- React quickly and effectively to stressful situations
- U.S. citizen
- Vision correctable to 20/20
- Minimum Age:
- High School Diploma or equivalent; prefer Degree in Criminal Justice/Law Enforcement or related field and/or 1 year related work experience preferably in operating two-way radio equipment, computer terminals or multiple line call-director telephone system
- Background Check
- Drug Screening
- Medical Examination
- Oral Interviews
- Psychological Examination
- Vision Examination
- Required to submit the following: WI Law Enforcement Standard Board application DJ-LE330 obtained from www.co.columbia.wi.us or wilenet.widoj.gov include your responses to the 3 questions in Section 6.
- Attach your response to the following questions and submit with your application materials (please limit your response to a one-page typed letter):
- 1. Why do you feel you are the best candidate for the position of Dispatcher with Columbia County?
- 2. Why is the Columbia County Sheriff’s Office your department of choice?
- 3. How does the Columbia County Sheriff’s Office fit into your career goals?
- Applications are accepted by email firstname.lastname@example.org, fax 608-742-9802 or mail Columbia County HR, PO Box 63, Portage, WI 53901
How to Apply:
PO Box 63
Portage, WI 53901